Our programme is varied and includes regular discussions where members can get constructive ideas in a friendly and supporting atmosphere.
Autumn / Winter programmes include demonstrations and afternoons of doing “just what you want”.
In the summer months, there are outside painting and sketching afternoons at local beauty spots and meetings where we indulge in tea and cakes in the garden.
We hold an Annual Exhibition at various local galleries.
in 2020 Due to Covid-19 our Exhibition was VIRTUAL on-line. Click here or use the Gallery & Exhibition link to view the 2020 Exhibition.
We are always happy for new members to join us just get in touch via the connect page.
Chairperson Chris Cook
Secretary Dawnie Thompson
Treasurer Cheryl Webb
- Newhaven Art Club has a long and prestigious history in the very artistic town of Newhaven. Started around 60 years ago in the 1960’s the club has met continuously ever since. Even lockdown couldn’t stop us with weekly online meetings and a very successful virtual exhibition.
- We have furthered a continual collaborative collective of 20 or local more artists for all those years from its first humble beginnings in Newhaven Further Education Centre (now the Hillcrest Centre).
- The club has held regular exhibitions in the area from Seaford to Peacehaven and spawned some great artists over the years many featuring in their own exhibitions and on TV programmes like Landscape artist of the year.
- We recently were fortunate to be gifted some paintings by one of our previous members from 50 years ago in the seventies Laurence Smith which you can see below.
- If you would like to get in touch please contact us via phone or email or click the connect with us link below.